[Tor-BSD] network diversity with freeBSD

pa011 pa011 at web.de
Thu Dec 1 17:54:18 EST 2016

There were some talks about network diversity recently, so I made up my mind and started a freeBSD server.

On advice from here https://gist.github.com/teor2345/c6e2890c44097fd6aaceeedec08c6431 I placed a line in the torrc file "Log notice file /var/log/tor/log"

Following these instructions from the TDP:

"touch /var/log tor && chown _tor:_tor /var/log/tor && chmod 600 /var/log/tor"

found here: https://torbsd.github.io/fbsd-relays.html I ended up getting this warning:

"[warn] Couldn't open file for 'Log notice file /var/log/tor/log': Permission denied"

Maybe I am to tired today to find the mistake - what is wrong please?

Is there a good instruction elsewhere?

Is it possible to install arm on freeBSD and if so could somebody help me with the implementation please?

Thanks

Paul