[Tor-BSD] [tor-relays] network diversity with freeBSD

George george at queair.net
Thu Dec 1 18:04:22 EST 2016

On 12/01/16 17:54, pa011 wrote:
> There were some talks about network diversity recently, so I made up
> my mind and started a freeBSD server.

Great.

Quick note: posting to multiple lists at once is poor etiquette.  Either
list would be fine, but tor-bsd might be the preferred one for this
question.

> On advice from here
> https://gist.github.com/teor2345/c6e2890c44097fd6aaceeedec08c6431 I
> placed a line in the torrc file "Log notice file /var/log/tor/log"

Good idea.

> Following these instructions from the TDP:
>
> "touch /var/log tor && chown _tor:_tor /var/log/tor && chmod 600
> /var/log/tor"

I see a space in the first command with touch(1)

I can fix if the error is on the TDP www.

> found here: https://torbsd.github.io/fbsd-relays.html I ended up
> getting this warning:
>
> "[warn] Couldn't open file for 'Log notice file /var/log/tor/log':
> Permission denied"
>
> Maybe I am to tired today to find the mistake - what is wrong
> please?
>
> Is there a good instruction elsewhere?

Those instructions were not meant to be circulated and have a warning.
They are going to get attention from us in the near future.

> Is it possible to install arm on freeBSD and if so could somebody
> help me with the implementation please?

Installing security/arm is simple enough.

pkg install arm

5F77 765E 40D6 5340 A0F5 3401 4997 FF11 A86F 44E2