[Tor-BSD] openbsd 6.0: tor running as root user

failure failure at openmailbox.org
Mon Nov 28 03:20:16 EST 2016

On 28.11.2016 00:55, Ivan Markin wrote:
> Hmm, interesting... Has MTier changed torrc User option? It is still set
> to _tor in official OpenBSD package. I thught they should only provide
> binpatches for tor binary itself and not for configs...

I migrated an existing exit-node (freebsd) to the new server (openbsd).
while doing so I just copied the existing torrc which was without the
"User"  option. I assumed the torrc was fine and never had a look at the
torrc template while e. g. checking nusenu's ansible-relayor role to
find out what I might have done wrong in the installing process.

On 28.11.2016 08:36, Daniel Jakots wrote:

> Just to answer your curiosity, for unbound it's done at
> compilation time:

Aaahh, thanks for the info!

best