[Tor-BSD] FreeBSD/HardenedBSD - auto updating packages

Vinícius Zavam egypcio at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 26 11:38:10 EST 2018

> Shawn Webb:
> > So I learned a thing: pkg(8) has a variable called HANDLE_RC_SCRIPTS
> > that will auto-restart any services of updated packages. A plugin
> > would still be needed if the admin _only_ wanted tor to be restarted.
> > Would you still like me to write that plugin?

AUTOCLEAN and PAGER can also be added to it,
or consider running `pkg clean -a -y` before/after the upgrade.

> I guess we are covered with HANDLE_RC_SCRIPTS
>
> --
> https://mastodon.social/@nusenu
> twitter: @nusenu_

if one uses HANDLE_RC_SCRIPTS other services will be impacted, not only
Tor's;
that could be mentioned on the wiki page.

considering that the server (jail?) will be running *only* Tor, give it a
try ...
  https://share.riseup.net/#MKMuR2fc7ZjF1xTYV8De5w

--
Vinícius Zavam