[CDBUG-talk] samba encryption

Patrick Muldoon doon at inoc.net
Tue Mar 1 21:50:19 EST 2005

Steve Moon wrote:

>Anyone know if there's a way to get Samba data streams (not passwords)
>encrypted over the wire?
>
>i.e.: I copy a file from F:\blah\file.txt to C:\blah\file.txt, the
>file goes over the network encrypted, and is decrypted on my desktop.
>
>Any thoughts/help appreciated.
>
>Thanks!
>Steve-

VPN   / IPSec?

AFAIK that would be the only way to do it,  besides manual
ecpryption/decryption, but since I don't do all that much with SMB there
is a chance I acould be wrong :)  I am assuming you are using a variant
of Windows based on Drive Paths  You could build an IPSec tunnel betweek
the 2 machines, or are you looking for a a network wide way (IE copying
between 2 arbritrary machines)?

-Patrick