[CDBUG-talk] November Meeting

Patrick Muldoon doon at inoc.net
Mon Nov 28 09:36:04 EST 2005

On Nov 28, 2005, at 9:23 AM, Jonathan Franks wrote:

> Indeed. Although the best solution might be to find someplace where
> we could realistically have some sort of presentation, moving to
> the East Greenbush location would seem to be closer for the regular
> attendees. If anyone has a better idea, or an issue with this
> switch just let us know, otherwise I think it makes sense to make
> this move for next month.

We are building a new network operations center here in Downtown. We
should be starting construction soon.  Once we have the new space up
and running, I should have a nice conference room, that I hope to be
able to offer to the group to use for meetings. No promises yet as I
have yet to broach the subject with my boss, but I do not forsee it
being a problem.

> Speaking of next month, the final Sunday is New Years Eve, and the
> Sunday Prior is Christmas Eve. Without endorsing the observance of
> any particular holiday, I'm going to go out on a limb here and
> suggest that these might not be ideal meeting times :)
>

> Nonetheless, I'd like to hold a december meeting. That said, I'd
> like to open discussion on just when it should be. Perhaps one of
> the Saturdays, or midweek sometime... I am personally free for most
> of the last week, so I can be pretty flexible. So when are you
> free? Let's try to finalize by the second week of December....

my plans for ${WINTER_SOLSTICE_HOLIDAY} are rather open,  save for
the 27th (Wife's Birthday).   midweek is generally better for me
since I live about 50 miles west of here, and sometimes just don't
have the energy to drive in on a weekend.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

Don't mind me...I'm just sniffing your packets