[CDBUG-talk] November Meeting

Jonathan Franks jonathan.franks at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 09:23:05 EST 2005

On 11/27/05, Garance A Drosihn <drosih at rpi.edu> wrote:

> At 3:57 PM -0500 11/23/05, Jonathan Franks wrote:
> >
> >I'd like to try to have a meeting this Sunday. It's short notice,
> >and a holiday weekend, so it might not be the best time, but it
> >is the scheduled time, so it seems as good as any....
>
> >So, unless someone has a better alternative, let's say Panera at
> >Latham farms at 5:30 on Sunday? Let me know what you think...
>
> Well, I managed to stop by (despite having the power going out
> at my apartment about a forty-five minutes before I was going
> to leave, making things a bit trickier for me...).

Thanks for stopping in, Garance.

 Given the
> short notice, there wasn't any major topic and we (Jonathan and
> I) just chatted about various firewall issues we've dealt with
> recently, and a few other recent projects.  Jonathan was also
> interested in getting issues with kerberos authentication for
> multiple platforms, but I haven't done enough with kerberos to
> be of any help there.

It is highly likely that we'll pick a different spot for the
> next meeting.  If nothing else, we'll try the Panera's in
> East Greenbush instead of the one in Latham.

Indeed. Although the best solution might be to find someplace where we could
realistically have some sort of presentation, moving to the East Greenbush
location would seem to be closer for the regular attendees. If anyone has a
better idea, or an issue with this switch just let us know, otherwise I
think it makes sense to make this move for next month.

Speaking of next month, the final Sunday is New Years Eve, and the Sunday
Prior is Christmas Eve. Without endorsing the observance of any particular
holiday, I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that these might not
be ideal meeting times :)

Nonetheless, I'd like to hold a december meeting. That said, I'd like to
open discussion on just when it should be. Perhaps one of the Saturdays, or
midweek sometime... I am personally free for most of the last week, so I can
be pretty flexible. So when are you free? Let's try to finalize by the
second week of December....

-Jonathan