[CDBUG-talk] Meeting and such.

Patrick Muldoon doon at inoc.net
Mon Oct 2 09:04:19 EDT 2006

On Oct 2, 2006, at 12:17 AM, Jonathan Franks wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Well It's Sunday evening and I got in from PA at around 6pm or so.
> I don't know if any of you managed to pull together at Panera, but
> clearly I was unavailable. I would like to have attended a meeting,
> though.
>
> Here's the thing... I had several replies off list expressing
> interest, and one tentative commitment. I think that this is great
> and all, but if we are going to become a cohesive group I think
> it's important to work these things out on list. It's true that
> I've organized the group and to date I have set every meeting,
> however if I am unavailable or ill or dead, I'd like to think that
> the group would be capable of working around this.
>
> My point?
>
> Please reply to the list if your comments, statements, ramblings,
> pontifications, etc, are related in any way to the group, our
> meetings, or our organization.

Jonathan,

Do you have access to the list configuration? If so, perhaps change
the list to default to reply to list as opposed to reply to sender?
I have never used mailman before, but in EZMLM it is a toggle.  That
might be part of the issue with people only replying to you as
opposed to the list (I have see the aversion to hitting reply to all
in other places as well).

My offer of using our conference room still stands, just let me know
if/when the group would like to meet and will make the arrangements.

-Patrick

--
Patrick Muldoon
Network/Software Engineer

If you unplug it fast enough, anything is hot swappable!