[CDBUG-talk] Dell R210

Jaime jaime at snowmoon.com
Thu May 26 15:04:18 EDT 2011

I have been trying to get a Dell R210 server to load FreeBSD 8.2 from
the CD.  I have it booting now, but it won't see the internal HDs.
There is an on-board RAID controller, if that matters.  I think it was
called "PERC" and/or "H200", but I'm not completely sure what the BIOS
said.  (I'm not in the same room as the server right now.)  I've tried
this with a RAID-1 array built and as separate disks.

I've tried to use fdisk off the boot CD and it tells me:
"No disks found!  Please verify that your disk controller is being
properly probed at boot time.  See the Hardware Guide on the
Documentation menu for clues on diagnosing this type of problem."

The official FreeBSD documentation has not given me the insight I
needed.  FreeBSD isn't a Dell supported OS, so they won't help.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Jaime