[CDBUG-talk] Perl (off-topic for BSD)

Patrick Muldoon doon at labratsoftware.com
Sun Nov 16 14:11:45 EST 2014

> On Nov 15, 2014, at 8:10 PM, Steve Moon <steve.moon at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just curious if anyone is into programming with Perl. I go to a every-couple-of-months Perl users group and some cross-pollination between groups, with more people than just me going to both would be great.

I am a recovering perl programmer, as it truly is a write once, read never language :) I’ve done my far share of stuff in perl, but most of these days is maint stuff.  Now-a-days I am mostly a ruby programmer (we have a pretty decent ruby users groups,  meets in Troy , normally 4th wed of the month, but 3rd Wed in nov/dec due to holidays). http://techvalleyrb.org/ <http://techvalleyrb.org/> .

but as a sys admin knowing your away around perl is pretty decent skill.