[CDBUG-talk] ANNOUNCEMENT: TOMORROW CDBUG March 10, 6:45PM Designing Versatile Unix Utilities, Eric Radman

Brian Callahan bcallah at devio.us
Mon Mar 9 13:10:49 EDT 2015

Hi everyone --

Reminder that tomorrow is our monthly meeting featuring Eric Radman on
Designing Versatile Unix Utilities. Please join us tomorrow (March 10)
at 6:45PM.

We will not be meeting at INOC this month. We will be meeting at
ISOC-NY. It is right next door: 11 North Pearl St., Albany. The meeting
will be in ISOC-NY's conference room on the 11th floor.

As always, please share this email and bring yourself and your friends!

See you tomorrow.

~Brian

Abstract:
Designing versatile utilities for Unix-like systems is a process of
exploration that aims to extend the capabilities of users so that they
can be more effective in their professional or personal endeavors. This
talk will highlight the key practices employed during the development of
entrproject.org. Special emphasis will be placed on identifying an
attitude that succeeds in overcoming impediments to a smooth workflow.

Bio:
Eric Radman has been building and supporting in-house and public-facing
Internet services on BSD and Linux for more than 13 years. His most
significant contributions have typically centered on eliminating
operational dissonance between services by reconfiguring network
applications to take full advantage of common data marshalled by PostgreSQL.