[Semibug] DIY Hardware firewall on OpenBSD

Josh Grosse josh at jggimi.net
Sun Feb 18 20:47:08 EST 2018

On Sun, Feb 18, 2018 at 08:22:13PM -0500, Mark Moellering wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> If I were to build a basic firewall for a small network, to between the
> network and the ISP's router, any suggestions on hardware?  My plan was to
> use pf on OpenBSD
>
> Thanks
>
> Mark

I use a pair of PC Engines Alix systems, which receive only legacy support.
The company has more modern hardware, currently they recommend their APU2
platform over Alix or APU systems.

I've only had personal experience with the Alix, and with support from PC
Engines.  The Alixes have been rock-solid, wonderful systems.  PC Engines
was also a pleasure to deal with for direct purchase, and for initial support.
They managed a DOA compact flash drive issue for me and I would consider their
APU2 if I were in the market for newer tech.

   -Josh-