[Semibug] Hello world

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Fri Jun 24 12:20:10 EDT 2022

On Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 11:26:44PM -0300, Gonzalo Raul Nemmi wrote:
> Hello everyone!
>
> My name is Gonzalo.
>
> I'm new to the list and to the SemiBUG as well. I'm a BSD enthusiast and you'll
> always find me trying to run DragonFly BSD on all of my machines. I hope to
> make some friends in this group and attend to as many on-line events as I can.

That is great Gonzalo! We need people who now how to use DragonFly BSD. I have
been intending to install it and try it out.

> Thanks for having me, and I hope I can be of help.
>
> P.S.: Jonathan, did you manage to solve your OpenBSD SSH server -> Linux
> SSH client scp issue?

Here is a schedule of upcoming presentations:

July 19th: Jupyter Notebooks and how to use them. Robert Citek, a
computational biologist, will give a presentation on Jupyter, Jupyter
is a notebook that allows you to embed code and explanatory text in
one document. You can send the notebook to colleagues and they can
read it and use it on their computer (Mac, Linux, Windows, OpenBSD,
FreeBSD, etc.)
 Jupyter combines the Python interactive shell with areas for
Markdown. This produces a "Notebook" which can be mailed to a
colleague. You can see a sample notebook here:
https://tinyurl.com/5xvysrzj

Included in the presentation will be an overview of Numerical Python
and Scientific Python (NumPy & SciPy)

August 16th: Peter Hansteen will return to SEMI-Bug and give a talk on
PF. The date may have to be moved because of the time zone difference
in Oslo, Norway.

September 20th: David Maxwell, of the NetBSD project, will give a talk
on using NetBSD. David has been developing software for over twenty
years and is a former security officer for the NetBSD Project. He
states that:

"My first exposure to NetBSD was at a new job, with a system running
NetBSD 0.8 in production use. I already had a background in Unix that
went back almost a decade, so NetBSD had to live up to my expectations
for reliability and consistency in a Unix system"

 In the fall, I hope to have Nick Holland give a presentation.

--
Kind regards,
Jonathan