[Semibug] GhostBSD will go away

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Sat Apr 1 16:35:52 EDT 2023

I came across this comment to a post on GitHub by Eric Turgeon:
"I think you are right. I am planning to rename GhostBSD to GhostOS and switch the base system to Arch Linux."

BSD has no future #261
https://github.com/ghostbsd/ghostbsd-src/discussions/261

Desktop FreeBSD won't improve unless people are using it
March 29, 2023

Shamelessly, I posted my previous post, FreeBSD on a Thinkpad Extreme G2 on /r/bsd Reddit.

The result, some 24 hours later, is 100 visitors. Out of that 100, 57 are using a desktop. Out of that 57, only 2 used FreeBSD—2%. No other BSDs are recorded.

People who are into BSD don’t use BSD. This seems to be a reason for lacking hardware support. If no one uses FreeBSD, no one will encounter those problems. If no one encounters them, no one will fix them.
https://d-s.sh/2023/desktop-freebsd-wont-improve-unless-people-are-using-it/
https://d-s.sh/2023/freebsd-on-thinkpad-x1-extreme-g2/