[Semibug] jail.conf.d question on 13.1

Mike Wayne semibug15 at post.wayne47.com
Sun Apr 9 11:08:48 EDT 2023

On Thu, Apr 06, 2023 at 03:57:26PM -0400, Mark Moellering wrote:
> Ok, so 13.1 has /jail.conf.d directory

Forget ezjail and use qjail.  It is (mostly) supported whereas
ezjail is not. I have 2 major Qjail issues that the dev won't fix.
Other than that it's much easier for install and, in particular,
maintenance.

My issues are:
   Quotas won't work. I have them working fine under ezjail but
   my solution does not work on qjail. Instead, I create partitions
   and mount them per user/service. Not as flexible but usable.

   He REALLY wants you to use a private IP address. I use real,
   routable IP addresses and his script breaks. He insists that
   this is not a bug. I disagree. but, it's a one line fix to
   work around:
      Around line 851, comment out the line:
	 verify_ip ip4
      and everything works fine.

Small learning curve but binary updates "just work" on qjail jails.