[Semibug] Install webstore on OpenBSD Server

Mike Wayne semibug15 at post.wayne47.com
Fri Jul 28 14:35:40 EDT 2023

On Thu, Jul 27, 2023 at 03:20:09PM -0600, Jonathan Drews wrote:

> If you are refering to OpenBSD iam afraid you are mistaken. I still don't see
> the benefit of running multiple instances of OS' as opposed to running just one *NIX
> OS with multiple accounts.

I have LOTS of FreeBSD-based jails.

One huge advantage is that a jail can do a single service (e.g.
DNS) and everything else firewalled by the host. Someone cracks the
DNS server?  OK, it's trashed but the bad guy can't ssh, send mail,
run a web server or do much of anything else because all those
services are firewalled by the host. And no OTHER services are
affected.