[Semibug] Assume responsibility for a port

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Mon May 22 09:07:51 EDT 2023

Hi Folks:

My system: OpenBSD 7.3 GENERIC.MP#1125 amd64
The port: math/maxima

This port has not been updated since 2022. I wrote the maintainer and
he no longer has time to maintain it. I have read the Porters Handbook
and successfully built installed maxima on OpenBSD. It runs but I have
not fully tested it. The problem is I get this error when running
xmaxima, the xwindows version, maxima is the command line version.

$ xmaxima

Error in startup script: version conflict for package "Tk": have
8.5.19, need 8.6
    while executing
"package require Tk 8.6"
    (file "/usr/local/bin/xmaxima" line 5)

and the xmaxima shell script says requires tk8.6:

#!/bin/sh
#  -*- mode: tcl; fill-column: 75; tab-width: 8 -*- \
exec /usr/local/bin/wish8.5 "$0" -- "$@"

package require Tk 8.6

<Snip>

The problem is I need two versions of Tk. one for xmaxima and one for jupyter.
Here is yhe output of pkg_info:

# pkg_info -R tk
Information for inst:tk-8.5.19p2

Required by:
maxima-5.46.0

Information for inst:tk-8.6.13

Required by:
python-tkinter-3.10.11

Here is my Makefile for maxima. How do I specify it to use tk8.6?

COMMENT=                GPL computer algebra system based on DOE
Macsyma

VERSION=                5.46.0
DISTNAME=               maxima-${VERSION}
CATEGORIES=             math

HOMEPAGE=               http://maxima.sourceforge.net/
MAINTAINER=             Ingo Feinerer <feinerer at logic.at>

# GPLv2+
PERMIT_PACKAGE= Yes

WANTLIB += c ecl ffi gc gmp m pthread

MASTER_SITES=           ${MASTER_SITE_SOURCEFORGE:=maxima/}

USE_GMAKE=              yes

# Python is not needed for building but configure fails without it.
# Instead of patching just add the lang/python dependency.
# http://sourceforge.net/p/maxima/mailman/message/34462954/
MODULES =               lang/python
MODPY_VERSION = ${MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_3}
MODPY_RUNDEP =          No

BUILD_DEPENDS =         print/texinfo
LIB_DEPENDS=            lang/ecl
RUN_DEPENDS =           devel/desktop-file-utils \
                        misc/rlwrap \
                        misc/shared-mime-info

SUBST_VARS=             VERSION

MAKE_FLAGS =            MAKEINFO="${LOCALBASE}/bin/gtexi2any" \
                        TEXI2DVI="${LOCALBASE}/bin/gtexi2dvi"

CONFIGURE_ARGS+=        --enable-ecl
CONFIGURE_STYLE=        gnu

FLAVORS=                no_x11
FLAVOR?=

.if !${FLAVOR:Mno_x11}
MODULES+=               x11/tk
MODPY_VERSION = ${MODPY_DEFAULT_VERSION_2}
RUN_DEPENDS +=          ${MODTK_RUN_DEPENDS} \
                        math/gnuplot
BUILD_DEPENDS +=        ${MODTK_BUILD_DEPENDS}
CONFIGURE_ARGS +=       --with-wish=${MODTK_BIN}
.endif

.include <bsd.port.mk>

Kind regards,
Jonathan