[Semibug] Assume responsibility for a port

Josh Grosse josh at jggimi.net
Mon May 22 12:06:06 EDT 2023

On Mon, May 22, 2023 at 07:07:51AM -0600, Jonathan Drews wrote:
> ... [snip] ...
> Here is my Makefile for maxima. How do I specify it to use tk8.6?
> ... [snip] ...
> MODULES+=               x11/tk

I don't have tk installed here, so I tested to see if there were
any conflicts by trying to install both versions.  No conflicts, they
can both be installed at the same time.

In the ports-modules(5) man page, you will find a brief description
of the x11/tk module and the variables that it sets.  One of those is
MODTK_VERSION.  A brief glance through the module itself in
/usr/ports/x11/tk/tk.port.mk makes it appear to me that you can
set this variable to 8.6.  I'd try it and see if it makes a difference for you.