[Semibug] OS choice for computer illiterate family members?

Mark Moellering markmoellering at psyberation.com
Mon May 22 13:59:10 EDT 2023

While I love OpenBSD and FreeBSD for servers, etc, I actually use
(linux) Mint on my personal PC.

The biggest thing for me is being able to insert a USB thumb drive, and
have it auto-mount and appear on the desktop, and other little things
like that, that need some sort of manual hand-holding when last I used
FreeBSD as a desktop.

I chose Mint because the interface was , to me, the easiest and it had a
lot more drivers etc. than Debian.

My 2 cents.  If FreeBSD, et. al. has been updated to fix USB
autoloading, etc. I would love to hear about it.

-- Mark