[Semibug] re tracking changes in libre office spreadsheet [was: OT: is there any office package (especially spreadsheet) that lets me choose a PEN color]

CAREY SCHUG sqrfolkdnc at comcast.net
Thu May 23 02:46:12 EDT 2024

see also response to "comments" suggestin below

<pre>--Carey</pre>

> On 05/22/2024 9:43 PM CDT Ron / BCLUG <admin at bclug.ca> wrote:

> Perhaps version tracking would help with this?
>
> All changes can be tracked and reviewed.

ok, found this page:
https://itsfoss.com/libreoffice-version-control/

it says....

click on edit/track changes/record.

--done

click on view/toolbars/track changes

--nope. no "track changes" in my list.  I am on version 7.3.7.2, is that too old?  when I do a general search for what is the current "libre office spreadsheet", I get libre office (overall) is 24.2, so clearly a different series of numbers.  this was installed on a new linux in December of 2022, so it can't be that old, and I do updates frequently, was never asked if I wanted to upgrade to a new version of libre office (or I agreed to and forgot about it).

--noticed that on the edit/track menu, in THEIR example, when they click on edit/track changes, there is also a check mark by by "show" immediately below "record".
--when I click on that I'm not sure what to do.  I clicked on "date" though concerned if I have to enter a date each time, it isn't worth if when I am only entering 4 numbers, but still no option in the toolbars drop down.

> Also, there's the ability to add comments, which might help with the
> review process.

if you mean the comments with the red square in the upper right corner, that is 20 times as much work as entering each data point, might be useful as explanation to somebody else on a collaborative project, but I need something quick and simple.