[Semibug] tragedy of systemd: was: OT: is there any office package (especially spreadsheet) that lets me choose a PEN color

Ron / BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Mon May 27 21:00:14 EDT 2024

Jonathan Drews wrote on 2024-05-27 14:43:

>> There's a lot of cross-over with servers and software between the FLOSS
>> families.
 >>
> How would you know if you don't run FreeBSD or OpenBSD?

Because I'm not stupid?

I mean, that's a really dumb question; are you disputing the overlap
between Linux and BSD systems?

Things like Nick's shell scripting presentations have lots of overlap
between FLOSS systems and are immensely enjoyable and informative.

>> When the questions are BSD specific, I don't say anything.
>>
> You just told me how OpenBSD didn't have tools similar to systemd when
> you have no working experience of OpenBSD tools such as hostctl,
> smtpctl, sysctl, rcctl etc.

I *asked* if it was possible to get a list like the example I gave.

You answered "I have logs".

Without specific tools to parse the logs, that means "no".

Are you intentionally misunderstanding that? Are you not disclosing such
tools for some reason?  Do you have reading comprehension difficulties?

It was a simple question that wasn't inflammatory, just a "how to ...?"
question.

Maybe there is a tool that generates just such a listing in the BSD
world. That'd be great, I'd like to hear about it.

But you're clearly the wrong person to engage with on such things.

rb