[Semibug] tragedy of systemd: was: OT: is there any office package (especially spreadsheet) that lets me choose a PEN color

Ron / BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Mon May 27 21:10:40 EDT 2024

Steve Litt wrote on 2024-05-27 05:24:

> If you like parallelism,

It is a compelling idea...

> you'll love both the runit and s6 init
> systems.

That's great, I didn't know they ran startup stuff in parallel.

Is it achieved through "script_name &" or something else?

> Try em, you'll like em.

Not really keen on swapping out everything just for an init system, when
I already have parallelism and a whole bunch more.

Plus, as mentioned elsewhere, having suffered through OS/2 vs Windows,
and early days of Linux, I prefer to stick to more mainstream stuff
these days.

But again, I think it's great those init systems use parallelism and am
curious how they do it.

Thanks!

rb