[Semibug] tragedy of systemd: was: OT: is there any office package (especially spreadsheet) that lets me choose a PEN color

Ron / BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Tue May 28 05:33:59 EDT 2024

Ron / BCLUG wrote on 2024-05-27 18:10:
>> you'll love both the runit and s6 init
>> systems.
>
> That's great, I didn't know they ran startup stuff in parallel.
>
> Is it achieved through "script_name &" or something else?

Answering myself, runit looks kinda nifty according to this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Runit

It's actually init + services management, which is nice.

And originally from daemontools, by DJB (Daniel Bernstein), who's quite
a wizard and has written an impressive number of core utilities (qmail,
djbdns, etc.).

Kinda sounds like Lennart Poettering, come to think of it.

So, yeah, it looks nice, for sure.

rb