[nycbug-talk] time you spend in your tasks

David Rio Deiros driodeiros at gmail.com
Thu Apr 13 14:11:32 EDT 2006

Hi there,

My company uses a proprietary software for keeping track of the
hours we spend in the projects.

It is basically a web application that allows you to keep track
of the hours you spend in every project. The tool is called
proworkflow and it runs in windows. I don't quite understand
why we are using that tool since 90% of our machines run UNIX.

I see interesting and necessary to keep track of the time you
spent in your stuff. I just I don't like the tool and I would
like to have much more flexibility. I would like for example
to be able to interact with my todo list from the console without
having to use a browser.

My questions are:

- how do you track your hours? what software do you use?
- do you know any open source software I should evaluate?

Thanks in advance,
David