[talk] network resilience in UA

steve.b at osfda.org steve.b at osfda.org
Thu Mar 10 10:40:35 EST 2022

The implications of IME to the public took off around 2017.

Little has been done to address this ticking timebomb of critical
security infrastructure.
I think leaks of IME firmware code could lead to epic spyware and
malware implications

I suspect the US/NSA is drinking its own Kool Aid, thinking that it's a
Good Thing that
they have access to it; but once other parties sell the info to the
highest bidders, we
will be having quite the computer security shitshow!

I would like to do a survey talk next time you resume in-person meetups.
I think there could be an open source solution to the problem,
provided it were to get backed by 800 pound international political
gorillas.

Intel is introducing a mining chip; how much you wanta bet it will be on
there?
(and to conceal it, they'll call it something else...)

If someone is more qualified to do such a presentation, feel free to do
so...