[talk] BSDCan Schedule Published

jpb jpb at jimby.name
Sun May 29 14:49:21 EDT 2022

On Fri, 27 May 2022 10:15:54 -0700
Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> saw this making the rounds on the bsd.network mastodon instance:
> https://www.bsdcan.org/events/bsdcan_2022/schedule/
>
> this got me thinking - what were some of your fav bsdcan memories?

[snip]

* Bagpipes in the closing ceremony - really loud, but totally awesome.

* One year Dan auctioned off a T-shirt signed by Steve Bourne, Kirk
  McKusick, and Andy Tannenbaum.  I bought it for around $120.  I
  thought there was only one, but then he pulled out 2 more and
  auctioned them both off.  The others went for more money.  I got the
  lowest price one!

* In 2010, I gave a presentation on "Considerations for the BSD
  Professional Exam" - scheduled up against "ClangBSD" by Roman Divacky
  and "PC-Sysinstall" by Kris Moore.  There were 3 people listening to
  my talk - still get a chuckle out of that :-)

Unfortunately I won't be able to attend any sessions until Saturday,
June 4.  I'm working an ISO 27001 Stage 2 audit at ${REALJOB} May 31 -
June 3.

Happy Conferencing!
Jim B.