[talk] IPv6, Fios...

Isaac (.ike) Levy ike at blackskyresearch.net
Wed Jan 11 22:17:54 EST 2023

Hey All,

After too many years, something cool happened today:

After an afternoon of diagnosing Verizon Fios home internet connectivity issues, (upstream DHCP lease sticking problems), I finally got around to wiping my home opnsense router configs, after years of upgrades/backups/cumulative-change...

Not only did I get a new IPv4 lease once things stabilized, (meh), but I got full IPv6 connectivity, (DHCP6, incidentally the latest OpnSense build, default config).

I'm exhasperated after the long-overdue cleanup, yet overjoyed, grinning ear to ear, watching the kame.net turtle finally *swimming* :)
https://www.kame.net/

Best,
.ike