[talk] NetBSD/evbarm on Raspberry Pis

John Murphy me at jtm.cx
Sat Jan 21 12:19:42 EST 2023

> Has anyone used a connected screen on a Pi with NetBSD? I know
> external displays via HDMI work, but a small, portable deck with the
> screen hooked via the display connector or GPIO is way cleaner and
> easier to lug around.

I'm guessing you're using something like the PiTFT from adafruit[1],
in which case I think adafruit maintains a custom linux framebuffer
driver[2] for it. I don't know if a similar driver exists for NetBSD,
but, if not, porting the linux fb driver to NetBSD seems like a fun
project.

[1]:https://www.adafruit.com/product/2423
[2]:https://github.com/adafruit/Raspberry-Pi-Installer-Scripts/tree/main/st7789_module