[Tor-BSD] OpenBSD Bandwidth Issues

Seth list at sysfu.com
Sun Dec 14 15:42:04 EST 2014

On Sun, 14 Dec 2014 11:17:54 -0800, Libertas <libertas at mykolab.com> wrote:

> It turns out my new exit node is an even better example than it was when
> I posted it two days ago. Compare its measured and consensus bandwidths
> with its actual bandwidth:
>
> https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/CDAB3AE06A8C9C6BF817B3B0F1877A4B91465699
>
> It's running on a pretty fast 100 Mbps uplink on a dedicated server with
> hardware that should be serious overkill.

So if the 'Advertised Bandwidth' value on that page of 1.64MB/s =
'Consensus Bandwidth' then your node is pushing 13.12Mpbs or only 13% of
available theoretical bandwidth.

Mine is pushing 1.49MB/s or 11.92Mpbs.
https://atlas.torproject.org/#details/E1E1059D8C41FC48B823C6F09348EA89C4D4C9D4

Not sure what the max actual bandwidth of the standard Vultr VPS is, I
should run some iperf tests to find out.