[NYCBSDCon] NYCBSDCon: a quick summary

Eric Radman ericshane at eradman.com
Wed Feb 12 09:27:45 EST 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 06:20:34PM -0500, George Rosamond wrote:

> An upcoming thread, before this list hibernates, is what the 'theme'
> should be for the next day con. . .

There are two themes that have been on my mind which are rarely covered.
The first is somewhat specialized, but I think both would have broad
appeal if the presenters were able to elide imperatives in favor of
telling a good story.

"future libc"
  Portable software: how we leverage the native capabilities in *BSD
  while allowing for ports to Linux and Mac.

"local data"
  Strategies for taking responsibility for your own data: how to locate,
  archive, secure, and distribute the content we create.

--
Eric Radman  |  http://eradman.com