[NYCBSDCon] registrations tonight

George Rosamond george at ceetonetechnology.com
Wed Jan 8 23:03:40 EST 2014

So we registered 11 people tonight at Brian's meeting, which was a good
start.

Ike is going to be doing a brief announce at Unigroup next Thursday (Jan
16) and can also do registrations on the spot.

Basically, since we don't have an online public (or private)
registration form up yet, I printed out the (hidden) beta of the online
form, and accepted the $25 cash.

We will sort out a couple of more additional chances to pay $25 by
meeting someone at a public place to pay... that will be sorted out soon.

The online registration should be up in the next few days.

I also think we should change this structure from
http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2014/registration.html:

    $50 online : until 18:00 Feb 7, 2014.
    $30 cash : day-of, walk-in.
    $25 cash : at one of the upcoming NYC*BUG events (listed above).
    $15 cash : anytime full-time student rate with valid and current
student ID.

To pay $30 walk-in, which is less than online, makes no sense.  We
should charge, say, $60 walk-in or after 1800 the previous day.. unless
they are a student, and maintain the rest of the structure.

Thoughts?

Also:

-> Ike: can you provide the link to the flier for the con?  I was asked
about it tonight.  It might be useful to add more details as they come.
 Distribution of these is hugely important.  That's how we got new
people tonight.

-> It would be ideal to get one or two additional Gold sponsors... so
ping me offlist if you have any leads for any potential sponsors.