[NYCBSDCon] registrations tonight

Dan Langille dan at langille.org
Thu Jan 9 07:19:01 EST 2014

On Jan 8, 2014, at 11:03 PM, George Rosamond <george at ceetonetechnology.com> wrote:

> So we registered 11 people tonight at Brian's meeting, which was a good
> start.

That is good.  Especially if that’s at least 10% of your total...

> Ike is going to be doing a brief announce at Unigroup next Thursday (Jan
> 16) and can also do registrations on the spot.
>
> Basically, since we don't have an online public (or private)
> registration form up yet, I printed out the (hidden) beta of the online
> form, and accepted the $25 cash.
>
> We will sort out a couple of more additional chances to pay $25 by
> meeting someone at a public place to pay... that will be sorted out soon.
>
> The online registration should be up in the next few days.
>
> I also think we should change this structure from
> http://www.nycbsdcon.org/2014/registration.html:
>
>    $50 online : until 18:00 Feb 7, 2014.
>    $30 cash : day-of, walk-in.
>    $25 cash : at one of the upcoming NYC*BUG events (listed above).
>    $15 cash : anytime full-time student rate with valid and current
> student ID.
>
> To pay $30 walk-in, which is less than online, makes no sense.  We
> should charge, say, $60 walk-in or after 1800 the previous day.. unless
> they are a student, and maintain the rest of the structure.
>
> Thoughts?

If it’s $50 online, I’d say $75 on Day-1 and Day 0 is fair.

I think you could bump it up a week before and still be fair.  It might encourage people to book earlier, and that helps your number estimation for catering.

As a conference organizer, I don’t want to deal with cash on the day of the event.  There’s enough to do without having to provide change and keep record.  :)

--
Dan Langille - http://langille.org