[Semibug] Install webstore on OpenBSD Server

Jonathan Drews jondrews at fastmail.com
Thu Jul 27 17:20:09 EDT 2023

On Thu, Jul 27, 2023, at 12:02, BCLUG wrote:
> Jonathan Drews wrote on 2023-07-26 15:59:
>
> > 3) The whole Hypervisor/Virtual Machine cincept is just crazy. The
> > Hypervisor consumes something like 8% of CPU power to run a menagerire
> > of operating systems. It sounds like a sys admins nightmare. How is
> > that better than having a single FreeBSD or OpenBSD computer with
> > multiple user accounts?
>
> A SysAdmin's dream and well worth the 8% overhead.

More propaganda from proponents for the society for the preservation of artificial
complexity.

> Their security has been well tested and is fine. Not perfect, since
> nothing is.  Also, doesn't the concept of a VM go all the way back to
> early mainframes? I think it does.

According to the report from https://firewalltimes.com/ their security is bad.
AWS got hacked every year since 2016. OpenBSD has 2 recorded hacks in 30 years.

> Indeed, it's probably better security for a multi user environment since
> it isolates the users' environments from each other much better and it
> allows a hundred Ubuntu users plus That One Guy who wants to run some
> obscure OS that no one else cares about enough to run on bare metal in a

If you are refering to OpenBSD iam afraid you are mistaken. I still don't see
the benefit of running multiple instances of OS' as opposed to running just one *NIX
OS with multiple accounts.