[nycbug-talk] Sata install question

steverieger steve
Wed Mar 9 15:47:14 EST 2005

Can anyone help me with instructions on how to install fbsd on
my Prostar 9096? The install seems not to see my hard drive. I am
getting a 'disk read error, sector 295275' message. I know that in
installing windows that I must create a diskette driver with the
Promise SATA378 TX2plus in order for windows to recognize the hard
drive, so I believe a similar case is needed for installing
Unix/Linux. I have attempted to install several distributions of
Unix/Linux and all have failed. Please, I would appreciate any help
available.