[nycbug-talk] cluster storage

forest mars compustretch at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 16:27:23 EDT 2008

On 3/24/08, Pete Wright <pete at nomadlogic.org> wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 10:43:42AM -0400, Jesse Callaway wrote:
> > Was anything mentioned of storage in last nights' meeting? I'm very
> > interested in distributed storage, with the least amount of redundancy
> > possible yet still be tolerant. Who isn't?
>
> from my experience there is no real easy way to truely create a
> clustered storage pool with BSD's standard filesystems currently.  I've
> even played with RedHat's gfs, and it's not ready for high volume
> production use yet IMHO.

I believe the next NYCBUG meeting will be a talk on ZFS by Ike.
Perhaps he may have a *secret* to share, such as when Sun will add the
support for multiple connections to pooled storage-- as they've been
promising for a  w h i l e . . .

Forest Mars
--
"In theory, theory and practice are exactly the same.
In practice, they're completely different."

Switch to Name.Space: http://namespace.org/switch
Support new domains & keep free media free! Register yours today!
https://secure.name-space.com/registry