[nycbug-talk] cfengine user sought

pete at nomadlogic.org pete
Fri Sep 24 14:52:35 EDT 2004

> Do you know cfengine?
>
> I'm looking for someone to to teach me cfengine and
> possibly other related topics. I'm an experienced
> sysadmin looking to learn new technologies.
>
> I can pay in cash or bartered services and I
> understand that a professional's time is valuable.
>
> Please email back if you (or someone you know) knows
> cfengine well enough to teach to a beginner, and would
> like to pick up some extra karma points (or money!)
> You don't have to be an expert, I'd just like some
> help getting started.

I have found that this book has been quite helpfull getting my head around
cfengine, as well as many tasks a sysadmin may run into during automation
tasks:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590592123/kaybee-20/104-2880935-4383963?creative=125581&camp=2321&link_code=as1
there is a reveiw here:
http://sun.systemnews.com/articles/68/1/bk/11029

anyway it's a pretty good book and i would suggest it regardless if you
find anyone to help you out.

-pete

~~~oO00Oo~~~
Pete Wright