rss//nntp Re: [nycbug-talk] Re: BSD Success Stories (fwd)

marco at metm.org marco
Tue Sep 28 12:43:33 EDT 2004

On Tue, Sep 28, 2004 at 12:21:19PM -0400, George Georgalis wrote:

>I'm going to have a hard time using something besides my mutt, I tried
>gmane but didn't get comfortable with the interface... maybe I just need
>a good client to connect via NNTP...

I agree that for most public email lists an NNTP interface is preferable
over recieving each and every email.  I have recently unsubscribed from
many high volume lists such as openbsd-misc etc. and read the lists
through gmane.org using pan.  (you can even post, having gmane manage
the subscription).

pan is a very nice client application, I often wish there were a mail
client as light and as nice.

--
Marco