[Semibug] OT: is there any office package (especially spreadsheet) that lets me choose a PEN color

Ron / BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Thu May 23 15:12:31 EDT 2024

Steve Litt wrote on 2024-05-23 02:53:

> LibreOffice' reason for existence is to interact with MS Office
> documents. If it can't do that, why use it?

The blame for poor interaction lies with Microsoft, 100%.

Also, another major reason for LibreOffice is to have a full featured
office suite that is *not* Microsoft Office, one that runs natively on
all OSs. Which it has succeeded at nicely.

>  From my perspective, LibreOffice suffers from the same problem now
> afflicting most Linux distributions: Trying to be easy for Windows
> people. Systemd

But systemd has absolutely nothing to do with being easy for Windows
people. It exists to provide a services lifecycle management system.

Just because you dislike both of them does not mean the two are related
somehow.

Once again, I'll link "The Tragedy of systemd" by Benno Rice, FreeBSD
developer.  I'm still waiting for an anti-systemd person to address one
single point he raised:

The presentation at linux.conf.au:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_AIw9bGogo

Specifically, "The arguments against systemd that people tend to
advance", starting with "it violates the Unix philosophy":

> https://youtu.be/o_AIw9bGogo?si=0xJ0-JpXGEBGpW0K&t=1040

The slide show (note its domain):

https://papers.freebsd.org/2018/bsdcan/rice-The_Tragedy_of_systemd.files/rice-The_Tragedy_of_systemd.pdf