[Semibug] tragedy of systemd: was: OT: is there any office package (especially spreadsheet) that lets me choose a PEN color

Kyle Willett kyle.d.willett at gmail.com
Fri May 24 00:31:25 EDT 2024

Replying to the thread about systemd, having to work with it in RHEL 8 and
9 servers in my day job it has grown on me a bit as an init system, BUT it
is also a journal, cron system, device manager (udev), soon will be its own
sudo replacement with run0, grub replacement, etc, etc, and the kitchen
sink too!

One piece of software can't be that good at so many different tasks!

That being said I don't think it calls for a full boycott of Linux, as
Jonahan mentioned there are still good distros like Devuran.  I personally
have AntiX on a laptop that just wouldn't cooperate with OpenBSD.  As much
as I love BSD Unix it does have a hardware support issue simply put.

I'm just dreading having to use RHEL 10 at work next year or the next where
everything if foreign.  I really don't see the need for run0 when we have
doas as a perfectly good sudo replacement.

Well wishes,
Kyle